Photo specifications for applying the Russian visa
The photograph must be a full-face view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly, with eyes open
The photograph must have been taken within the last six months
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
35 mm X 45 mm (1 3/8" X 1 3/4") with the head centered in the frame.
- The applicant should not look down or to either side, and the face should cover about 50 percent of the photo area.
- Side or angled views are NOT accepted.
- Lighting should be such that there are no distracting shadows on the face or background
- The photos must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-colored background
- In general, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side.
- Sunglasses or other wear which detracts from the face are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons (an eye patch, for example).
- Group photos are NOT acceptable. As a separate visa is issued to each qualified applicant, a photo of each applicant is required
- Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed
- Photocopied photographs are NOT accepted.
Attaching the Photo
Glue the one photograph to the application in the designated space (a double-sided adhesive tape could be used). Do not staple photograph.
Do not enclose photographs in glassine or other types of envelopes.